The United Arab Emirates government is trying to implement 50 new programs that will help boost the country’s global competitiveness and industrial growth. Some of these initiatives relate to technological operations that aim at recruiting residents and highly qualified people from overseas. The government is putting its attention toward developing new visa categories for this. The Golden Visa UAE program is one such sort of thing.
What is Golden Visa UAE?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Golden Visa UAE?
- 2 Golden Visa UAE benefits:
- 3 Golden Visa UAE requirements:
- 4 How to apply for Golden Visa UAE:
- 5 How much does a UAE Golden Visa cost?
- 6 New Policy of Golden Visa UAE extension:
- 7 Final Thoughts:
The United Arab Emirates proposed a new long-term visa system in 2019. This type of visa is called a “golden visa.” Foreign nationals may reside, work, and study in the United Arab Emirates with this Golden Visa for up to ten years. It is a long-term resident visa. For a limited group of people, including investors and those with amazing talents, this golden residency program is renewable as well.
Golden Visa UAE benefits:
- Permanent, renewing residency
The opportunity to live in the UAE on a renewable residence visa with a 10-year validity period is one of the Golden Visa’s main advantages. If you still meet the requirements for the category in which you initially applied for the visa, you may renew it. But if the visa expires, you may have to face some problems like you will pay a visa overstay fine. To know how to check visa fine in UAE, click here.
- Sponsorship or employment is not necessary
In the UAE, residence visas often require a sponsor, who can be either your employer (for a work visa) or a relative who is already a resident of the country (for a family visa). The Golden Visa is one of the self-sponsored visa options now available in the UAE because of the latest changes to the country’s visa policy.
- A resident visa is not invalidated by spending more than six months outside of the UAE
Holders of a Golden Visa are also free to extend their stay outside the United Arab Emirates for an additional six months to extend the validity of their residency permit. The resident’s residency visa usually expires if they spend more than six months outside of the UAE.
- You can sponsor as many domestic workers as you want
You can sponsor a maximum number of domestic workers with the Golden Visa.
- An exclusive multiple-entry visa
If you don’t yet have a Golden Visa and don’t currently reside in the UAE, you can apply for a special six-month, multiple-entries visit visa that will allow you to travel to the UAE after submitting the application documents.
Golden Visa UAE requirements:
For talented Freelancers and Influencers:
The UAE supports families as well as the economy with the new system of visas called the Freelancers Visa or Azad Visa Dubai. From entering the country to obtaining a long-term Golden Visa, residents are able to utilize an individual holistic path. In the near future, this seeks to attract specialists, professionals, and retirees to essential sectors by allowing self-employed people to work without required work permits and employment contracts. For its substantial economic development, the system wants to pull in more foreign expertise and investment.
Golden Visa UAE for Students:
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree and have at least five years of work experience. Brilliant students must have 95% grades in school and university students must have a 3.75 minimum GPA in graduation. Under a valid employment contract, they must make 30,000 AED or more each month in the UAE.
Condition for Entrepreneurs:
Entrepreneurs can apply for a UAE golden visa if they have a current enterprise with at least AED 500,000 in funding and the approval of an approved business incubator in their country.
Click to learn about Dubai visa for green card holders.
Condition for Real Estate Investors:
Real estate investors must meet comparable criteria to obtain the visa. However, they are eligible to apply for a 5-year visa and have to make investments of AED 5 million.
The legal owner of the proprietor of a property worth at least AED 1 million and at least AED 2 million in value, or the owner of an off-plan property worth at least AED 2 million.
How to apply for Golden Visa UAE:
The online process through the ICA website for a Golden Visa UAE:
- First, Go to the ICA’s official website.
- Choose “Golden Visa” from the available choices of “Public Services.” Then click “Visa to proceed with the Golden Residency Procedures.”
- Submit documents and the necessary information.
- Submit the service the registration fee. The application process cannot be successfully done until the individual has received approval.
Online process to apply for Golden Visa UAE through the GDRFA website:
- Go to the GDRFA Dubai website’s official page.
- Choose the list of Golden Visa form services. Now click the “Investor Residency Visa (Golden Visa)” option.
- Log in after selecting “Start Service.” Give vital details and submit the required paperwork.
- Pay the service fee. After reviewing the application, the relevant authority will inform applicants of further procedures.
How much does a UAE Golden Visa cost?
Depending on the type of visa you are looking for, the cost of a UAE Golden Visa varies. The standard price is, however, as follows:
- Visa for real estate investors: 2 million AED
- Visa for public investors: 5 million AED
- Visa for business owners and entrepreneurs: 500,000 AED
- Visa for exceptional talent: 500,000 AED
- Visa for scientists: 500,000 AED
- Visa for skilled workers: AED 250,000
- Visa for students: AED 100,000
- Visa for leading humanitarians: AED 100,000
- Visa for physicians and nurses: AED 100,000
- Visa for brilliant coders: AED 100,000
You may want to know How to check Dubai visa status.
New Policy of Golden Visa UAE extension:
You can now extend or cancel your entry permit via a personal account online, according to the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs & Port Security UAE (ICP). In order to acquire their residency visa, this refers to the documents given to foreign citizens entering the UAE.
The new rule is applicable to the following:
- For applications for standard visas or green residency visas, two months.
- Multiple entries over a period of six months for applications for golden visas.
If you’re planning to move to live in the UAE allows you to enjoy a premier standard of life, join an expat community that is culturally diverse, access distinguished healthcare and education services, or enjoy the benefits of profitable investment and growth opportunities, the United Arab Emirates keeps its promise to provide all of these benefits and more to its citizens.
Investors and people with special abilities and knowledge can move to live in the UAE and take advantage of all these benefits through the Golden Visa UAE Residency program, which is going to speed up their journey to achieving their dreams and goals. They may also raise their ability to relocate abroad and create new opportunities for themselves and their families to live better futures.